Mr JR Lal, Chairman of Committee for Social justice , CAPRG has asked the CGDA office as to why they have not implemented the recommendations of the 6th Pay commission and credited the accounts of pensioners with revised pension and first instalment of arrears by 30th September as desired by the Govt.
The aim of the queries in the RTI according to Mr Lal is to remind the Govt department that pensioners should not be taken for granted, and their rights neglected.
We in Citizens Alliance hope action will be taken by the Pension authorities and arrears paid immediately.
Extracts of the RTI application
Shri A. K. Kadyan, IDAS,
Dy. CGDA (AN),
Office of the CGDA,
West Block – V, R. K. Puram,
New Delhi – 110066
Shri Vijay Kumar, IDAS,
Office of the CDA(PD),
I am a pensioner retired from the office of the CDA(AF), New Delhi w.e.f. 01.01.1991 and being paid pension by the DPDO, Brar Square, New Delhi -110010.
My pension for the month of September, 2008 has been credited to my Saving Bank account at PNB Dev Nagar, New Delhi – 110005 on 04.10.2008 at pre-revised rates whereas Govt. of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Pension and Pensioner’s Welfare vide their letter F.No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated the 1st September, 2008 while issuing orders for implementation of Govt’s decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission for revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners etc., have desired that all Pension Disbursing Authorities should ensure that the revised pension and the first instalment of arrears due to the pensioners in terms of para 4.1 and para 4.5 thereof is paid to the pensioners or credited to their account by 30th September, 2008 or before positively.
In this connection, it is requested that information on the following points may kindly be provided to me :-
(1) Please provide me the certified copy of all the notes in which decision against the desire of the Govt. and the welfare of the pensioners was taken not to pay or credit the revised pension of September, 2008 and the first instalment of arrears on or before 30th September, 2008.
- 2 -
(2) Please provide me the names, designation and other particulars (roster number etc.) of all the officers from top to bottom who were the part in the process of making that decision with reference to (1) above or acted against the desire of their employer i.e. Govt. of India and against the welfare of the pensioners.
(3) Please inform me whether any report was rendered by the department to the higher authority informing that the desire of the Govt. to pay or credit the revised pension and the first instalment of the arrears on or before 30th September, 2008 was not fulfilled. If so a copy thereof may kindly be provided to me.
(4) Please inform me at what rate interest will be paid to me for the period from 30th September, 2008 to the date the correct dues of pension and the first instalment of arrears are actually credited to my account. If interest will not be paid to me, I may kindly be provided reason(s) therefor with a certified copy of the rule in support.
(5) Please provide me the names, designation and other particulars of all those officers and subordinate staff who are responsible for the delay of my pension for September, 2008 even at pre-revised rates. The date(s) on which all of them received their pay and allowances for the month of September, 2008 may also kindly be provided to me.
(6) Please inform me whether any authority of the department ever ensured/ensures from the banks to whom pension cheques are issued by the DPDOs that the pension amount is credited to pensioners’ account on due date. If not, the reasons for not doing so may kindly be informed to me.
(7) Please inform me the measures which are being taken by the department for the welfare of the pensioners.